USA State Capitals List 2023 having names of capital cities of United States is available online. List of United States of America state capitals includes places that serve or have served as federal, state, insular area, territorial, colonial and native American capitals. Each state has a capital that serves as the seat of its government. Ten of the thirteen original states and 15 other states of U.S. have changed their capital city at least once, the last state to move its capital city was Oklahoma in 1910.
Washington has been the federal capital of the United States since 1800. Each U.S. state has its own capital city, as do many of its insular areas. Most states have not changed their capital city since becoming a state, but the capital cities of their respective preceding colonies, territories, kingdoms and republics typically changed multiple times. There have also been other governments within the current borders of the United States with their own capitals, such as the Republic of Texas, Native American nations and other unrecognized governments.
You can now check the list of United States state capital cities. Each city is the center of government for a state in the United States, in the capital building. The capital city with the fewest people is Montpelier, Vermont while the capital city with the most people is Phoenix, Arizona.
List of State Capitals of USA
|State Name||Capital Name|
|New Mexico||Santa Fe|
|Utah||Salt Lake City|
Some Important Points Regarding U.S. State Capitals
- Juneau is the largest capital by municipal land area.
- Phoenix is the largest capital by population.
- Dover is the longest-serving capital in terms of statehood.
- Atlanta is the largest capital by metropolitan area population.
- Annapolis is the smallest capital by land area.
- Boston is the longest continuously serving capital.
- Santa Fe is the longest-serving capital.
- Oklahoma City is the shortest-serving current state capital.
- Austin is the largest capital by population to not be the most populated city in its state.
- Montpelier is the smallest capital by population.
- Charleston is the smallest capital by population to also be the most populated city in its state.