The ranking of World’s Best Cities 2023 has been released by the company named Resonance Consultancy. The company acts as leading advisors in tourism, real estate, and economic development for more than 15 years. Resonance is a leading global advisor on placemaking, branding and marketing for the world’s best cities, districts, developments and destinations.
Delivering valuable insights, the company has recently unveiled its prestigious list of World’s best cities to live, work, invest, and visit in 2023.
Also check: America’s Best Cities List 2023
World’s Best Cities 2023 – Complete List
|3||New York||United States|
|5||Dubai||United Arab Emirates|
|12||Los Angeles||United States|
|14||San Francisco||United States|
|16||Hong Kong||China: Hong Kong SAR|
|21||Las Vegas||United States|
|28||Abu Dhabi||United Arab Emirates|
|32||San Diego||United States|
|54||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil|
|74||San Jose||United States|
|78||New Orleans||United States|
|87||Salt Lake City||United States|
Methodology for Ranking World’s Best Cities
Resonance Consultancy follows a rigorous methodology in ranking World’s cities, combining statistical performance and qualitative evaluations from both locals and visitors in 24 areas grouped into six core categories. The ranking specifically consider global cities (principal cities of metropolitan areas with populations of more than one million).
Principal cities are defined as the largest city in each metropolitan statistical area. This year, we disqualified Moscow and St. Petersburg from our list of cities due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Also check: Europe’s Best Cities List 2023
The Six Core Categories
The evaluation of cities across 24 areas is grouped into six core categories, providing a comprehensive assessment of each city’s strengths and attributes. These categories are:-
- Place: Evaluating the perceived quality of its natural and built environments, weather, safety, sights & landmarks and overall quality of life within the city.
- Programming: Assessing the experiential pillars of a great visit: food, restaurants, shows, shopping, culture, and nightlife as their sum fosters a community’s connection to place.
- Prosperity: Analyzing economic indicators like income of citizens, standard of living, presence or absence of Global 500 companies, GDP per capita, employment rate, income equality and overall economic growth potential.
- Product: Considering infrastructure quality, institutions quality, airport connectivity, transportation networks, and the presence of museums, convention centres or universities.
- People: Incorporating factors such as percentage of people participating in the labor force and educational attainment level of the city’s population.
- Promotion: Examining the number of stories, references and recommendations shared online about that city including facebook check-ins, google search, tripadvisor reviews, instagram hashtags and popularity on google trends.
By considering both quantitative statistical data and qualitative evaluations from residents and visitors, a comprehensive evaluation of each city’s appeal and desirability is ensured. The rankings provide individuals, businesses, and investors with valuable insights to make informed decisions regarding living, working, investing, and exploring these remarkable urban centers.