New rankings for Slowest Countries in the World with road quality score and overall slow traffic score, check slowest country list. British car finance and loan company Moneybarn has released the list of top 49 slowest countries in the world. Researchers assigned each country a score out of 10 based on number of factors including average congestion level, average days with high / low traffic, road quality score, traffic index score, speed limit etc.
Peru was revealed as the slowest country in the world with a slow traffic score of 8.45 out of 10. The South American country has an average congestion level of 42 percent and a road quality score of 3.2 out of 7. Other two slowest countries on the list include Romania and Israel with a slow traffic score of 7.83 and 7.35 respectively. USA, on the other hand, was found to be the fastest country in the world in terms of traffic. The country was assigned slow traffic score of 2.94 out of 10, road quality score of 5.5 out of 7 and average congestion level at just 17 percent.
USA was followed by United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia on the list of fastest countries in the world. UAE had a slow traffic score of 2.95 and a road quality score of 6 out of 7. Malaysia, on the other hand, had a slow traffic score of 3.63 and a road quality score of 5.3 out of 7. In the list of 49 countries, India was ranked as the 10th slowest nation in the world with a slow traffic score of 6.46 out of 10. India was assigned a congestion level score of 48 percent and a road quality score of 4.5 out of 7.
List of 49 Slowest Countries in the World
|Country (Ranking)||Road quality score /7||Overall slow traffic score /10|
|Czech Republic (22)||3.9||5.77|
|New Zealand (30)||4.5||5.39|
|South Africa (33)||4.5||5.21|
|United Kingdom (34)||4.9||5.21|
|Saudi Arabia (37)||5.2||5.09|
|United Arab Emirates (48)||6.0||2.95|
|United States (49)||5.5||2.94|
The list has been compiled taking into account a number of factors including average congestion level, traffic index score, road quality, speed limit etc. The official website for checking slowest country in world list is https://www.moneybarn.com/slowest-cities/. This is the most exhaustive list of top 49 slowest country in the world.
Methodology for Ranking Slowest Country in World
The following methodology has been used to rank slowest countries in the world:-
- Average congestion level – The congestion level according to TomTom’s 2021 Traffic Index. This percentage shows the additional time that a journey would take in each city when compared to free-flow conditions. For each country we took an average score of all their cities.
- Average days with low traffic – It is the average number of days per year with congestion at least 50% lower than the corresponding day the previous year, according to TomTom’s 2021 Traffic Index. Whereas, high traffic is days with congestion 50% higher than that day the previous year.
- Highest speed limit – The highest permitted speed limit in the country in kilometres per hour, according to Wikipedia’s speed limits by country page, we then converted this to miles per hour.
- Road quality score – The quality of road infrastructure score out of seven according to the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report.
- Numbeo traffic index score – A score taking into account time consumed in traffic, time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption in traffic and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system, according to Numbeo, with a lower score being better.
Moneybarn has looked at a number of factors relating to congestion on the roads, giving each place a normalised score out of ten for each factor, before taking an average of all of these scores to create final traffic score.