List of Titles Only Held by One Person with name of title, held by, given by and year title was given, check unique titles held by specific individuals. Due to their unique circumstances, achievements, or historical context, these titles have been held by only one person. These titles are often associated with remarkable feats, significant events, or distinct roles that set the person apart from others.
A list of titles, including ranks and other official positions of authority, that have only ever been held by one person is given here.
Titles Only Held by One Person
|Name of Title||Held by [Given by]||Year|
|Xi Chu Ba Wang (Overlord of Western Chu 西楚覇王)||Xiang Yu [Chu (state)]||206 BCE|
|Reigning Lady and Lord and the Protector of the Entire Kingdom of Denmark
(Fuldmægtig frue og husbond og det ganske rige Danmarks formynder)
|Margrete I [Kalmar Union]||1387|
|Duke of Friedland||Albrecht von Wallenstein [Himself]||1627|
|King of the Australian Empire||Phillip Cunningham [The Castle Hill convict rebellion]||1804|
|Grand Duke of Würzburg||Ferdinand I [Grand Duchy of Würzburg]||1807|
|King of Westphalia||Jerome Napoleon I [Kingdom of Westphalia]||1807|
|King of Haiti||Henri I [Kingdom of Haiti]||1811|
|Baháʼu’lláh||Baháʼu’lláh [The Baháʼí Faith]||1848|
|Heavenly King of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom||Hong Xiuquan [Taiping Rebellion]||1851|
|Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico||Emperor Norton [Himself]||1859|
|President of the Confederate States of America||Jefferson Davis [Confederate States of America]||1861|
|Duke of Clarence and Avondale||Prince Albert Victor [Queen Victoria]||1890|
|President of Hawaii||Sanford B. Dole [Republic of Hawaii]||1894|
|Admiral of the Navy||George Dewey [USA]||1899|
|King Of Albanians||Zog I of Albania [Kingdom of Albania]||1922|
|Duce||Benito Mussolini [Kingdom of Italy]||1925|
|General Special Class (Te Ji Shang Jiang 特級上將)||Chiang Kai Shek [Republic of China (1912-49)]||1926|
|Marshal of Finland||Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim [Finland]||1933|
|Führer||Adolf Hitler [Nazi Germany]||1934|
|Benefactor de la Patria||Rafael Leónidas Trujillo [Dominican Republic]||1936|
|Caudillo of Spain||Francisco Franco [Spanish State]||1936|
|Chairman of the French National Committee||Charles de Gaulle [Free France]||1940|
|Marshal of Yugoslavia
President of Yugoslavia
|Josip Broz Tito [Yugoslavia]||1943
|President of East Germany||Wilhelm Pieck [East Germany]||1949|
|Jefa Espiritual de la Nación||Eva Perón [Argentina]||1952|
|Queen of Ghana||Elizabeth II [Ghana]||1957|
|Queen of Nigeria||Elizabeth II [Nigeria]||1960|
|Queen of Sierra Leone||Elizabeth II [Sierra Leone]||1961|
|Queen of Tanganyika||Elizabeth II [Tanganyika]||1961|
|Queen of Trinidad and Tobago||Elizabeth II [Trinidad and Tobago]||1962|
|Queen of Uganda||Elizabeth II [Uganda]||1962|
|Queen of Kenya||Elizabeth II [Kenya]||1963|
|Queen of Malawi||Elizabeth II [Malawi]||1964|
|Queen of Malta||Elizabeth II [Malta]||1964|
|Queen of the Gambia||Elizabeth II [The Gambia]||1965|
|Aryamehr||Mohammad Reza Pahlavi [Imperial State of Iran]||1965|
|Queen of Guyana||Elizabeth II [Guyana]||1966|
|Queen of Barbados||Elizabeth II [Barbados]||1967|
|Queen of Mauritius||Elizabeth II [Mauritius]||1968|
|Chairman of the Workers’ Party of Vietnam (Communist Party of Vietnam)||Ho Chi Minh [Vietnam]||1969|
|Queen of Fiji||Elizabeth II [Fiji]||1970|
|Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga||Mobutu Sese Seko [Himself]||1972|
|Grand Master of Education, Science and Culture||Francisco Macías Nguema [Himself]||1973|
|Emperor of Central Africa||Jean-Bédel Bokassa [Himself]||1976|
|Conqueror of the British Empire||Idi Amin [Uganda]||1977|
|New Zealand Herald Extraordinary||Phillip O’Shea [New Zealand]||1978|
|Brotherly Leader and Guide of the Revolution||Muammar Gaddafi [Libya]||1979|
|Honorary President of the People’s Republic of China||Soong Ching-ling [China]||1981|
|President of the Soviet Union||Mikhail Gorbachev [USSR]||1990|
|Vice President of Russia||Alexander Rutskoy [Russia]||1991|
|Türkmenbaşy||Saparmurat Niyazov [Turkmenistan]||1993|
|Eternal President of the Republic||Kim Il Sung (posthumous) [North Korea]||1998|
|Minister Mentor of the Republic of Singapore||Lee Kuan Yew [Singapore]||2004|
|Father of the Nation||Dependent on nation in question||–|
Other Unique Titles List
Certainly, here are some titles that are held by only one person due to their unique achievements, roles, or circumstances:
- First Human in Space: Yuri Gagarin, who became the first human to travel to space on April 12, 1961.
- Last Speaker of a Language: Marie Smith Jones, the last fluent speaker of the Eyak language.
- Last Survivor of the Titanic: Millvina Dean, the last living survivor of the Titanic disaster.
- Founder of a Nation: George Washington, the first President of the United States and a key figure in the founding of the nation.
- Conqueror of the Inca Empire: Francisco Pizarro, the Spanish conquistador who led the conquest of the Inca Empire.
- Lone Survivor: Aron Ralston, who was trapped alone in a canyon and had to amputate his own arm to survive.
- Sole Survivor of a Plane Crash: Bahia Bakari, the only survivor of the Yemenia Flight 626 crash in 2009.
- Moonwalker: Twelve astronauts who walked on the Moon, including Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and others.
- Longest Time in Space: Valeri Polyakov, who spent 437 days in space aboard the Mir space station.
- Oldest Person Ever Recorded: Jeanne Calment, who lived to be 122 years and 164 days old, verified by records.
- First Person to Climb Mount Everest: Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, the first climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- First Woman in Space: Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman to travel to space.
- Inventor of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee, credited with inventing the World Wide Web.
- First African-American President of the United States: Barack Obama, the first person of African-American descent to hold the office of U.S. President.
- First Female Prime Minister of a Country: Sirimavo Bandaranaike, the world’s first female prime minister, serving in Sri Lanka.
You can checkout the Titles Only Held By One Person (Category) to know more about unique titles conferred to only one person in history. These titles are unique to the individuals mentioned due to their historical significance, achievements, or specific contexts