List of movies of Ana De Armas with year, title and role, check Ana De Armas movies list of all time. Full name of Ana de Armas is Ana Celia de Armas Caso who was born on 30 April 1988. Ana de Armas becomes the first Cuban-Spanish actress in history to be nominated for a leading role in the 95th Annual Academy Award (The Oscar) nominations.
Ana de Armas has made significant contributions to the world of film through her versatile performances and talent. She has made significant contributions to the film industry through her performances, representation, and inspiring presence, leaving a lasting impact on audiences and aspiring actors alike.
Ana De Armas Movies List (All Time)
|2006||Una rosa de Francia||Marie|
|2009||Sex, Party and Lies||Carola|
|2009||Y de postre, qué||Girl|
|2011||Blind Alley||Rosa / Laura|
|2014||For a Handful of Kisses||Sol|
|2016||Exposed||Isabel de la Cruz|
|2016||Hands of Stone||Felicidad Iglesias|
|2017||Blade Runner 2049||Joi|
|2019||The Informer||Sofia Koslow|
|2019||Wasp Network||Ana Margarita Martinez|
|2019||Knives Out||Marta Cabrera|
|2020||The Night Clerk||Andrea Rivera|
|2021||No Time to Die||Paloma|
|2022||Deep Water||Melinda Van Allen|
|2022||The Gray Man||Dani Miranda|
|2024||Ballerina||Rooney / The Ballerina|
Ana De Armas TV Shows List
|2007||El edén perdido||Gloria|
|2007-2010||El Internado||Carolina Leal Solís|
|2010-2011||Hispania, la leyenda||Nerea|
|2023||Saturday Night Live||Herself (host)|
Ana De Armas Oscar Nomination
Ana de Armas makes history as the first cuban to get nominated in the best actress category of Oscars. de Armas earned an Academy Award nod for her role in Blonde as Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe, a performance that has also earned de Armas SAG and BAFTA nominations. While the film was widely panned, her performance as the blonde bombshell has also been praised by both critics and actors alike. While this may be Ana De Armas first Academy Award nomination, she is no stranger to the nomination stage in general. She has also previously earned a Golden Globe nomination for her performance in Rian Johnson’s murder mystery whodunit, Knives Out.
When it comes to de Arma’s movies, she has been in several recognizable ones: Knock Knock, War Dogs, and Hands of Stone, but her breakthrough performance was as the holographic projection Joi in the sci-fi film and sequel to Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049. After her performance as nurse and caretaker Marta Cabrera in Knives Out, she was Bond girl Paloma alongside her fellow Knives Out castmate Daniel Craig in the twenty-fifth Bond film No Time to Die and will next be in the John Wick spinoff Ballerina. Now, with her performance and first-time Academy Award nomination, de Armas’ turn as the famous blonde bombshell whose performance is worthy of a nomination.
Blonde is an American biopic written and directed by Andrew Dominik, based on the novel of the same name by Joyce Carol Oates. The film is a fictional take on Marilyn Monroe’s life: the highs, the lows, and the struggles she endured, struggles that eventually led to the star’s death. The film also stars Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Xavier Samuel, and Julianne Nicholson. If you want to see de Arma’s turn as Monroe in Blonde, you can stream the movie on Netflix.
All Awards and Nominations for De Armas
|Organization (Year)||Category (Work)||Result|
|Saturn Awards (2018)||Best Supporting Actress (Blade Runner 2049)||Nominated|
|Detroit Film Critics Society (2019)||Best Breakthrough (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|National Board of Review (2019)||Best Cast (Knives Out)||Won|
|Golden Schmoes Awards (2019)||Breakthrough Performance of the Year (Knives Out)||Won|
|IGN Summer Movie Awards (2019)||Best Lead Performer in a Movie (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards (2019)||Best Cast – Motion Picture (Knives Out)||Won|
|Satellite Awards (2019)||Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Golden Globe Awards (2020)||Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Critics’ Choice Movie Awards (2020)||Best Acting Ensemble (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Gold Derby Awards (2020)||Best Ensemble (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Gold Derby Awards (2020)||Best Breakthrough Performer (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Actors and Actresses Union Awards (2020)||Best Actress in an International Production (Knives Out)||Won|
|Imagen Awards (2020)||Best Actress – Feature Film (Knives Out)||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards (2021)||Best Supporting Actress (Knives Out)||Won|
|Critics’ Choice Super Awards (2022)||Best Actress in an Action Movie (No Time to Die)||Nominated|
|Deauville American Film Festival (2022)||Hollywood Rising Star Award||Won|
|Chicago Film Critics Association (2022)||Best Actress (Blonde)||Nominated|
|Capri Hollywood International Film Festival (2023)||Best Actress (Blonde)||Won|
|EDA Awards (2023)||She Deserves a New Agent Award (Blonde)||Won|
|EDA Awards (2023)||Most Egregious Lovers’ Age Difference Award (Deep Water)||Nominated|
|Golden Globe Awards (2023)||Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama (Blonde)||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle Awards (2023)||Actress of the Year (Blonde)||Nominated|
|AACTA International Awards (2023)||Best Actress (Blonde)||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards (2023)||Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role (Blonde)||Nominated|
|British Academy Film Awards (2023)||Best Actress in a Leading Role (Blonde)||Nominated|
|Academy Awards (2023)||Best Actress (Blonde)||Nominated|
|Actors and Actresses Union Awards (2023)||Best Female Performance in an International Production (Blonde)||Won|
About Ana De Armas
Ana de Armas, born on April 30, 1988, is a Cuban-Spanish actress. She gained international recognition for her role as Joi in the 2017 science fiction film “Blade Runner 2049.” Here’s some information about her:
- Early Life: Ana de Armas was born and raised in Havana, Cuba. She developed an interest in acting at a young age and attended the National Theater School of Cuba. At the age of 18, she moved to Spain to pursue her acting career.
- Career: Ana de Armas began her acting career in Spanish-language films and television shows. She gained popularity in Spain for her roles in movies such as “Mentiras y gordas” (2009) and “El Internado” (2007-2010), a popular TV series. Her breakthrough role came in the Spanish film “Una rosa de Francia” (2006).
- International Recognition: Ana de Armas gained international recognition for her role as Ana Rivera in the Spanish television series “El Internado.” In 2015, she starred in the movie “Knock Knock” alongside Keanu Reeves. However, her breakout role came in 2017 when she played Joi, a holographic AI companion, in “Blade Runner 2049” directed by Denis Villeneuve.
- Appearances in High Profile Hollywood Films: Following her success in “Blade Runner 2049,” Ana de Armas appeared in several high-profile Hollywood films. She starred in “War Dogs” (2016) alongside Jonah Hill and Miles Teller, and “Hands of Stone” (2016) with Robert De Niro and Édgar Ramírez. She also appeared in the mystery film “The Informer” (2019) and the crime drama “The Night Clerk” (2020).
- Recent Projects: In 2019, Ana de Armas starred as Marta Cabrera in the critically acclaimed mystery film “Knives Out,” directed by Rian Johnson. Her performance in the film received widespread praise, and she earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. In 2020, Ana de Armas starred alongside Daniel Craig in the James Bond film “No Time to Die,” playing the role of Paloma. She also appeared in the Netflix film “The Gray Man” (2023) alongside Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans.
- Personal Life: Ana de Armas was previously married to Spanish actor Marc Clotet from 2011 to 2013. She has been in a relationship with several notable personalities, including director Edgar Wright and actor Ben Affleck. However, as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, her current relationship status is unclear.
Ana de Armas continues to be a rising star in the entertainment industry, known for her talent and versatility as an actress.