The new iOS 17 features list includes new characteristics for phone, message, airdrop, stickers, facetime, standby, keyboard, safari and passwords. Apple iOS 17 also features some major functionality changes in music, airplay, maps, Siri, spotlight, visual look up, health app, privacy and security. iOS 17 brings new features to enhance the things you do every day. You can also check the list of iOS 17 supported devices.
- 1 iOS 17 Features List
- 1.1 Phone
- 1.2 Messages
- 1.3 Stickers
- 1.4 FaceTime
- 1.5 StandBy
- 1.6 Interactive Widgets
- 1.7 Airdrop
- 1.8 Journal (Coming Later this Year)
- 1.9 Keyboard
- 1.10 Safari and Passwords
- 1.11 Music
- 1.12 AirPlay
- 1.13 AirPods
- 1.14 Maps
- 1.15 Siri
- 1.16 Spotlight
- 1.17 Visual Look Up
- 1.18 Health App
- 1.19 Privacy and Security
- 1.20 Other Important Features of iOS 17
- 2 iOS 17 Supported Devices
Express yourself like never before when you call or message someone. Share content in convenient new ways. And do even more with new experiences for your iPhone.
iOS 17 Features List
Here are the most striking features of apple iOS 17:-
- Personalize your phone calls – Customize what people see when you call.
- Live Voicemail – Send a call to voicemail and see a live transcript of the message.
- All your iMessage apps in one place – Tap the new plus button to view all the things you send the most — like photos, audio messages, and your location. Swipe up to view the rest of your iMessage apps.
- Let your friend know when you arrive safely – Check In automatically notifies your friend or family member when you arrive at your destination, such as your home.
- Catch-up and swipe to reply – A new catch-up arrow lets you jump to the first message you haven’t seen in a conversation. And now you can swipe to the right on any message to send a reply
- Search filters – Find the message you’re looking for faster by combining search filters to quickly narrow your search.
- A new way to share and view locations – Share your location or request a friend’s location from the plus button. When someone shares a location with you, view it directly within your conversation.
- Read an audio message transcription – Audio messages are now transcribed, so you can read them in the moment and listen later.
- All your stickers in one place – The new stickers drawer lets you access all your Live Stickers, emoji, Memoji, and other sticker packs in one place. Your stickers sync with iCloud so they are available on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices.
- Create one-of-a-kind stickers – Use your own photos to create Live Stickers.
- Use your stickers in more places – Your stickers drawer is in the emoji keyboard, so you can use stickers anywhere you can access emoji — including apps from the App Store. Use Markup to add stickers to photos, documents, screenshots, and more.
- Leave a message – Record a video or audio message when someone misses your FaceTime call.
- React with your hands – Add a reaction that fills the camera frame with fun 3D augmented reality effects like hearts, confetti, fireworks, and more. And you can share a reaction with just a hand gesture.
- FaceTime on Apple TV – Use your iPhone as a camera and start a call directly from the FaceTime app on Apple TV, or hand off the call from your iPhone to your TV.
- A new full-screen experience – Turn your iPhone on its side while charging to make it even more useful when you set it down.
- Live Activities in full screen – With Live Activities in full screen, you can stay on top of things happening in real time, like the score of a game or the progress of your food delivery.
- Siri results at a glance – Siri takes StandBy to the next level with rich visual results that can be viewed from a distance. It’s now even easier to check the weather or set a timer hands-free.
Take action with just a tap – Play music, turn off the lights, and more. Right from a widget.
- Swap numbers with NameDrop – Hold your iPhone near someone else’s iPhone or Apple Watch4 to use NameDrop. You’ll both be able to choose the specific phone numbers or email addresses you want to share, and you can share them along with your Contact Poster instantly.
- Share with intention – There’s a new way to share with those nearby. Simply bring your phones close together to initiate the transfer over AirDrop.
- Finish sending transfers over the internet (coming later this year) – AirDrop transfers continue even if you step away.
- Initiate SharePlay – Hold two iPhone devices close together to instantly start a SharePlay session.
Journal (Coming Later this Year)
- A new app to write and remember – An all-new way to appreciate life’s moments and preserve your memories.
- Journaling suggestions personalized for you – Using on-device machine learning, your iPhone creates personalized suggestions of moments for you to remember and write about based on your photos, music, workouts, and more.
- Your journal is yours – No one but you can access your journal.
- Even more accurate autocorrect – Autocorrect delivers even better support as you type. Autocorrected words are temporarily underlined so you know what’s been changed and you can revert back to the original word with just a tap.
- Predictions inline as you type – Tap the space bar to finish words or entire sentences.
Safari and Passwords
- Create a profile – Keep your browsing separate for topics like Work and Personal with different profiles in Safari. Profiles help you separate your history, extensions, Tab Groups, cookies, and favorites. You can quickly switch between profiles as you browse.
- Faster and more relevant search – Search in Safari is more responsive than ever and shows easier-to-read and more relevant suggestions.
- Enhanced Private Browsing – Private Browsing now locks your private browsing windows when you’re not using them, completely blocks known trackers from loading on pages, and removes tracking added to URLs as you browse.
- Autofill verification codes received in Mail – One-time verification codes you receive in Mail are filled in automatically, so you can log in without leaving Safari.
- Password and passkey sharing – Share a set of passwords with your trusted contacts.
- Play music together – Now SharePlay makes it easier for everyone to control music in the car — even passengers in the back seat — so everyone can play their favorite music and contribute to what’s playing.
- Collaborate on playlists (coming later this year) – Invite friends to join your playlist and everyone can add, reorder, and remove songs. Use emoji to react to the song choices in Now Playing.
- Smart device suggestions – On-device intelligence learns your AirPlay preferences over time.
- AirPlay in your hotel room – Later this year, AirPlay will be available in supporting hotel rooms. Scan the QR code on your room TV and you can securely share videos, photos, and music from your iPhone to the TV.
- Adaptive Audio – With an entirely new listening mode for AirPods Pro (2nd generation), Adaptive Audio dynamically blends Transparency and Active Noise Cancellation to tailor the noise control experience as you move between changing environments and interactions throughout the day.
- Press to mute and unmute – Quickly mute or unmute yourself on a call.
- Switch devices without missing a beat – Updates to Automatic Switching make moving between Apple devices with AirPods even easier, faster, and more reliable.
- Download maps to use offline – Save an area of a map to your iPhone and explore it while offline. View information like hours and ratings on place cards and get turn-by-turn directions for driving, walking, cycling, or riding transit.
- Enhanced electric vehicle routing – See real-time charging station availability along your route.
- Siri activation – Just say “Siri.”
- Back-to-back requests – Siri, text Emma I’m on my way, Remind me to water the plants when I get home.
- App Shortcuts in Top Hit – When you search for an app, Spotlight intelligently offers you app shortcuts to your next action within the Top Hit. So if you search for Photos, you can jump right to the Favorites album.
- Rich visual results – Find what you’re looking for faster with familiar app colors and icons in search results.
Visual Look Up
- Discover even more from photos and videos – Find recipes for similar dishes from a photo.
- Look up what you just lifted – When you lift a subject from a photo, you can look up information about it right from the callout menu.
- Visual Look Up in video – Pause the video on any frame and tap the info icon to look up a subject.
New ways to put your health first – New mental health and vision health features provide powerful insights.
Privacy and Security
- Communication Safety – Communication Safety now includes protections for sensitive videos and photos. And it extends beyond Messages to include content sent and received in AirDrop, the systemwide photo picker, FaceTime messages, Contact Posters in the Phone app, and third‑party apps.
- Sensitive Content Warning – You now have the option to blur sensitive photos and videos before you choose to view them. This feature will be available in Messages, AirDrop, Contact Posters in the Phone app, FaceTime messages, and third‑party apps.
- Improved permissions – Even more control over what you share.
- Lockdown Mode – The expanded Lockdown Mode increases security to help protect against sophisticated cyber attacks. Turn it on across all your Apple devices, now including Apple Watch.
Other Important Features of iOS 17
- Accessibility – Assistive Access distills apps and experiences to essential features to support those with cognitive disabilities. Personal Voice helps people with speech loss create a voice that sounds like them, and use it with Live Speech to communicate in calls and conversations. And Point and Speak11 makes it easier for people with vision disabilities to interact with physical objects that have text labels.
- Memoji – Express yourself with three new stickers: Halo, Smirk, and Peekaboo.
- Reminders – Grocery Lists automatically sort items into categories to make shopping easier. Change how items are grouped, and the list remembers your preferences.
- Notes – View and mark up PDFs and scans of presentations, assignments, research papers, and more. You can also add links to connect related notes, like a trip itinerary and a list of recommended restaurants.
- PDFs – Enhanced AutoFill allows you to securely use your saved information from Contacts to fill out a PDF or scanned document faster. Quickly return your completed form to the sender in Mail.
- Fitness – The redesigned Sharing tab provides highlights of your friends’ activity like workout streaks and awards. Create a workout and meditation schedule based on exactly what you want with Custom Plans in Apple Fitness+.
- Find My – Share AirTag or Find My network accessories with up to five other people. Everyone in the group can use Precision Finding and play a sound to pinpoint the location of a shared AirTag when they’re nearby.
- Home – Activity History lets you see who locked or unlocked the door — and when. It also shows recent activity for garage doors, contact sensors, and your security system.
- News – Apple News+ subscribers can dig in to daily crossword puzzles in the News app. And Apple News+ Audio Stories are available in the Podcasts app.
- Photos – The People album is better than ever at recognizing your favorite people and includes the cats and dogs that are part of your family too.
- Apple ID – Securely sign in to your iPhone using a nearby device or any email address or phone number listed in your account.
- Freeform – Use new drawing tools like a watercolor brush, calligraphy pen, highlighter, variable-width pen, and ruler while brainstorming.
If you want to check newly added iOS 17 features, then visit the official website https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-17-preview/. You can download this update on your apple Iphone (if your device is compatible with iOS) and enjoy new functionalities.
iOS 17 Supported Devices
The below mentioned apple iphone devices are compatible with iOS 17 update:-
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)