7 Wonders of the World List with wonder names, location, year, check original (ancient) and new (modern) seven wonders of the world. The “Seven Wonders of the World” refers to two different lists of remarkable constructions from antiquity and the modern era. The ancient list consists of seven extraordinary structures while the modern list features notable natural and man-made sites, here are both lists.
You can also check the 7 natural wonders of the world, 7 wonders of the underwater world and new 7 wonders of nature. The modern 7 wonders of the world are also the UNESCO heritage sites.
New 7 Wonders of the World Names (Modern)
Here is the list of 7 modern wonders of the world which are UNESCO heritage sites:-
|Giza Pyramids (honorary status)||Giza Necropolis, Egypt||2560 BC|
|Great Wall of China||China||700 BC|
|Petra||Ma’an, Jordan||312 BC|
|Colosseum||Rome, Italy||AD 80|
|Chichén Itzá||Yucatán, Mexico||AD 600|
|Machu Picchu||Cuzco Region, Peru||AD 1450|
|Taj Mahal||Agra, India||AD 1643|
|Christ the Redeemer||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||AD 1931|
Original 7 Wonders of the World (Ancient)
The names of the seven wonders of the ancient world are shown here:-
- Great Pyramid of Giza, in El Giza, Egypt, the earliest of the wonders to be completed, as well as the only one that still exists in the present day.
- Colossus of Rhodes, in the harbor of the city of Rhodes, on the Greek island of the same name.
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon, in Babylon, near present-day Hillah, Babil province, Iraq; or Nineveh, Mosul, Nineveh Governorate, Iraq.
- Lighthouse of Alexandria, in Alexandria, Egypt.
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, in Halicarnassus, a city of the Achaemenid Empire in present-day Turkey.
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia, in Olympia, Greece.
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, in the city of Ephesus, near present-day Selçuk, Turkey.
7 Natural Wonders of the World
Similar to the other lists of wonders, there is no consensus on a list of seven natural wonders of the world, and there has been debate over how large such a list should be. One of many existing versions of this list was compiled by CNN in 1997:
- Aurora, in the Earth’s high-latitude regions (around the Arctic and Antarctic)
- Grand Canyon, in Arizona, United States
- Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland, Australia
- Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Mount Everest, on the border of Nepal and China
- Parícutin volcano, located in the state of Michoacán, Mexico
- Victoria Falls, on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe
New 7 Wonders of Nature
A contemporary effort to create a list of seven natural (as opposed to man-made) wonders chosen through a global poll, called the New 7 Wonders of Nature, was organized from 2007 to 2011 as the New 7 Wonders of the World campaign.
- Iguazu Falls, on the border of the Argentine province of Misiones and the Brazilian state of Paraná
- Hạ Long Bay, in Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam
- Jeju Island, in the Jeju Province of South Korea
- Puerto Princesa Underground River, in Palawan, Philippines
- Table Mountain, overlooking the city of Cape Town, South Africa
- Komodo Island, one of the 17,508 islands that comprise the Republic of Indonesia
- Amazon rainforest, located in Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana
Seven Wonders of the Underwater World
The list of “Seven Wonders of the Underwater World” was drawn up by CEDAM International, an American-based non-profit group for divers that is dedicated to ocean preservation and research. In 1989, CEDAM brought together a panel of marine scientists, including Eugenie Clark, to choose underwater areas which they considered worthy of protection. The results were announced at The National Aquarium in Washington, D.C., by actor Lloyd Bridges, star of TV’s Sea Hunt:
- Belize Barrier Reef, Belize
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Deep-sea hydrothermal vents (worldwide)
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
- Lake Baikal, Russia
- Northern Red Sea, bordered by Saudi Arabia and Yemen on the eastern shore, and Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, and Djibouti on the western shore
You can check more information regarding New 7 Wonders of the World like how is the selection done and which places were other finalists while selecting the modern seven wonders of the world.